• Global adjustment covers the cost of building and maintaining new electricity infrastructure in the province, including energy contracts, as well as delivering Ontario’s conservation programs;
• All Ontario electricity consumers pay for global adjustment; for mid-sized and large businesses it will appear as a separate line item on their utility bill;
• Class A customers pay GA based on their peak demand during the top five provincial peak events;
• For each MW-equivalent of grid demand reduction during the top five 2019 Ontario peak events, consumers will save over $500,000 in 2021. A 3 MW facility utilizing an Ecomax® power plant would save over $1,8M annually.
• Individual peak behaviour is evolving with a longer duration and a discernable flattening and shifting
• Curtailment and arbitrage, alongside evolving consumer patterns, are driving this peak shift
• Accurately predicting the exact timing when a peak occurs becomes increasingly difficult
° ECOMAX® on-site power generation can eliminate the risk of missing a peak event
° The ECOMAX® operates on expected peak days for the entire peak period from early morning until late evening
° Operation can be automated through integrated controls and dispatching software
Discover more on Global Adjustment! Leave your email address to receive a pdf document.
• The ECOMAX® solution not only provides all benefits of peak-shaving, but can also be used for back-up power to provide a resilient source of power in the event of a prolonged utility outage;
• Adaptable to changing market conditions, the ECOMAX® provides continuous power whenever the cost of electricity is higher than the cost of self-generation.
• Automated dispatching when HOEP is higher than the cost of self-generation;
• Participation in Demand Response programs;
• Participation in capacity auctions;
• Power quality improvements;
• Additional heat recovery for hot water, steam or chilling purposes.
CONESTOGA, (CANADA): 1 ECOMAX® 33 NGS
Total electrical power: 3.3 MW
Future Optional Heat Recovery
AB Maintenance Program Customized for GA Mitigation
POLYCON, MAGNA GROUP (CANADA): 3 ECOMAX® 27 NGS
Total electrical power: 8.1 MW
Exhaust Heat Utilization Steam
Entire Installation Covered by AB Protection Plan